Bernardo Silva ready to 'give everything' after Real Madrid arrival

Bernardo Silva ready to 'give everything' after Real Madrid arrival

Bernardo Silva has described joining Real Madrid as a special moment after completing his move from Manchester City.

The 31-year-old Portugal midfielder, who arrived at the Spanish giants as a free agent this transfer window, was officially presented by the 15-time European champions on Wednesday.

Silva admitted the scale of Real Madrid was immediately clear when he first walked into the Santiago Bernabeu.

"I've already played quite a few times at the Bernabeu. When you arrive and see the 15 Champions League titles they display there, it's very imposing, and having them here is very special," Silva told Real Madrid TV.

The former Manchester City star said he was proud to join a club with such a remarkable European record.

"Playing for a club that has 15 Champions League titles is not for everyone, so I'm very proud and now I'll give everything for this club," he said.

Silva's move also comes after his former Manchester City team-mate Rodri joined Real Madrid's fierce rivals Barcelona on Tuesday.

Rodri had previously been linked with Real Madrid, and new Los Blancos boss Jose Mourinho revealed that he had spoken to the Spain midfielder earlier in the summer.

"I spoke with him a couple of times, and Real Madrid made him a very good offer," Mourinho told Spanish television programme El Chiringuito.

"Rodri had doubts - and the doubts of Rodri created doubts for me.

"He's an extraordinary player and was very professional with us, nothing negative to say. But Real Madrid is a club of a stature that can't have players who think twice about it."

Silva will now turn his attention to helping Real Madrid challenge for more major honours, with their 2026-27 La Liga campaign beginning away to RCD Espanyol at the RCDE Stadium on Saturday.

READ MORE: Tijjani Reijnders makes Al Qadsiah switch after Man City exit