18th February 2026
One of the key witnesses for the prosecution is former CEO Dennis Mumble, who is also part of a separate matter involving the association. He is set to testify in the civil matter between SAFA and another erstwhile CEO Leslie Sedibe, which is set to finally begin at the High Court on July 27 this year.
Sedibe is claiming R5 000 000 in damages after he was banned by FIFA 10 years ago, having been accused and found guilty in investigations about alleged match-fixing in matches leading up to the 2010 World Cup.
In court papers seen by the public broadcaster, Sedibe alleges that the statements made by Mumble and Ace Kika in the investigation were false and directly influenced FIFA’s decision to put him on ice for five years.
The two had allegedly testified that Sedibe was aware of illegal activities perpetrated by notorious match-fixer Wilson Raj Perumal and his company Football 4U, allegations that he vehemently denies and says were designed to lower his esteem, name and reputation in the eyes of the public as a whole, and in the eyes of FIFA in particular.
Now one of the defense lawyers in the criminal case at the Palm Ridge Magistrate’s Court, James Ndebele, happens to be representing SAFA as the defendant in the Sedibe matter and, through advocate Leana Fick, disclosed in court last week that they will be in contact with one of the state’s witnesses – Mumble – regarding a completely different case in which he happens to be his own witness.
Magistrate Shirley Soko-Rantao then noted the disclosure but ordered the defense and prosecution to come to an agreement in the matter and communicate the resolution.
Meanwhile…SABC Sport also contacted Mumble to hear his stance on the matter and whether he’ll be testifying in both trials when they get underway.
While he revealed that he’s barred from discussing the Jordaan case publicly, he says it is up to the prosecution and the NPA whether he will testify or not.
“In the case of Jordaan, it is the decision of the prosecutor. So that needs confirmation from the NPA. In terms of the Sedibe case, I need to know what my role is in that because I am no longer a representative of SAFA and cannot speak on the matter”, said Mumble.
The case at the Commercial Crimes Court is set to resume on April 14 where Jordaan, his co-accused Trevor Neethling and his PR Company Grit Communications, SAFA CFO Gronie Hluyo, and former Acting CEO Russell Paul will be back in the dock.
