The Spain international was speaking ahead of the round of 16 after Hansi Flick guided Barcelona to automatic qualification for the knockout stages. While that achievement underlined their progress, Olmo made it clear that bigger ambitions demand higher standards.
"The Champions League will be tough," he told RAC1. "We have to change a lot of things if we want to compete to win it. This year is special. Last season we came so close. That final was snatched away from us."
Those words reflect the hunger inside the dressing room. Barcelona remain one of Europe's biggest clubs, but recent campaigns have shown how fine the margins are at the highest level. Olmo believes lessons must be learned if they are to go all the way in 2025-26.
The 26-year-old also responded firmly to critics who have labelled him injury prone.
"I am in a good moment, but I think the best is yet to come," he said. "Physically, I am fine. I needed regularity and the sensations are good.
"It's not that I'm bothered by people saying that I get injured a lot, but I don't agree with that either. I've had injuries due to trauma, which is something I can't control because it's part of the sport.
"And I've also had some muscle injuries, especially last year, but in previous seasons I hadn't had so many. I don't consider myself fragile."
His recent form supports that claim. Olmo has scored four goals and provided two assists in his last seven appearances in all competitions, offering creativity and sharp movement between the lines.
Barcelona return to La Liga action on Sunday with Levante visiting Spotify Camp Nou, and Olmo's resurgence could prove vital as Flick's side balance domestic ambitions with their renewed push for European glory.