By
SABC Sport
20th May 2026
According to reports in Germany, the incident occurred on April 13, 2025 on the A8 Autobahn near Neubiberg while Musiala was driving towards Salzburg.
Munich public prosecutor's office spokesperson Florian Lindemann said Musiala was travelling at 194 km/h in a 120 km/h zone when he collided with a VW Golf while overtaking.
"While overtaking, the accused Jamal M., who was driving at excessive speed at the time, failed to see a car driving to his right, resulting in a collision," Lindemann said.
The 30-year-old driver of the VW Golf and his 26-year-old passenger suffered minor injuries, while property damage was estimated at around â¬200,000.
Musiala's younger sister was reportedly also in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
On January 28, 2026, Munich Local Court issued a final penalty order against the Bayern and Germany midfielder for negligent endangerment of road traffic and negligent bodily harm in two cases.
Musiala was fined and had his licence revoked in mid-February. According to prosecutors, he cannot apply for a new licence until nine months after the ruling became legally binding.
"It is true that I had an accident in April 2025, which I caused. I naturally take full responsibility for it," Musiala told Bild.
"I'm very grateful that no one was seriously injured due to my carelessness. I've accepted my punishment for that and also the driving ban in this form."
Musiala described the accident as a traumatic experience and said both Bayern Munich and the German Football Association had supported him following the incident.
The 23-year-old has also endured an injury-hit period in his career after suffering a broken fibula, ankle dislocation and ligament damage during Bayern's Club World Cup campaign following a collision with Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma.
Bayern coach Vincent Kompany recently said Musiala was close to regaining full fitness after returning to action earlier this year.
